April 28, 2017
BRQ Seafood and Barbeque is one of Baton Rouge’s most anticipated restaurants. Opening this spring, BRQ has been making Baton Rouge headlines since last fall. One of the main reasons for all the buzz - the return of Denham Springs native and Michelin rated, Chef Justin Ferguson to the Greater Baton Rouge area. Chef Justin Ferguson, who was professionally trained at Baton Rouge’s very own Louisiana Culinary Institute, has been receiving rave reviews for his BRQ samplings at pop-up dinners and foodie events.
You can tell by the name BRQ Seafood and Barbeque, that BRQ will offer the best entree selections from both the Gulf and the land. But, what type of delicious food can you expect from Chef Justin Ferguson? Here’s a sampling of what he and his team have whipped up so far at Baton Rouge community events:
- 14-hour Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- Smoked Wings Tossed in a Signature Mild Sauce
- BBQ Octopus with Tin Roof Habanero Glaze with Roasted Tomato and Guajillo Puree
- Low Country Shrimp & Grits, with Goat Cheese Jalapeno Grits, Stewed Tomatoes and Tasso
- Duck Brochettes with House Cured Bacon, Dates, Pickled Blackberries, Collared Greens, Apple Celery Relish, Sweet Potato Puree and Guajillo Blackberry Glaze
- Goat Cheese Drop Biscuits
- Deviled Eggs with Citrus Poached Shrimp
- Bacon and Cheddar Hushpuppies
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Habanero Dill Aioli
- Poblano Cheddar Cornbread
- Nutella Cappuccino Stuffed Donuts with Vanilla Bean Caramel and Hazelnut Crumble
- 9 Layer Chocolate Raspberry Doberge Cake
With all these delicious dishes being served at Baton Rouge events, doesn’t it make you wonder - what will make the BRQ menu?
Not only will BRQ be a place for incredible seafood and BBQ, but the bar will be top notch.
Are you ready to make a reservation at our new restaurant yet? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as we will soon be announcing when our new Baton Rouge restaurant will be opening, and when you can begin making reservations online.